I need at LEAST 440 books!!
The other factor that has me realizing that I NEED BOOKS, is that I began sorting and organizing my books. A teacher at my school taught me what a classroom library should look like to be successful. All the books should be sorted into categories and separated so they are easy to find for students. Here is what I have so far...
I have my current books divided up, which has made me realize I NEED more books! Below is a list of the types of books I need. If you have your kid's old books and do not use them anymore, please donate them to my Library. If you want to go out and get a book to bless a student, please donate it to my classroom Library. And if you go to a garage sale and see a ton of kids books, BUY them and I'll reimburse you! Any books donated I will write "donated to Mrs. Warren's Library by..." inside the book's cover. Oh and one more thing, I will be teaching 1st grade! :)
*Arthur
*Amelia Bedelia
*Clifford
*Magic School Bus
*Real Life Sports Books
*Silly/Funny Books
*Books with Poems
*I Spy Books
*Berenstain Bear Books
*Books about America (Fiction and Nonfiction)
*Science Books
*"I Can Read" Books
*Magic Tree House (Chapter Books)
*Junie B Jones Books (Chapter books)
The above list is just a suggestion of books I need for my current categories. I can use ANY books though! Most of the people that read this blog are family, so if you want to donate some books you can mail them to me or email me where I can pick them up! If you have friends with books they want to donate, contact me and we can figure something out.
Thank you so much in advance for any help you can give me in helping to provide kids with a better, literate, future. Many of the students at my school, only see books while they are at school, so your donation is really going to make a difference in their lives.

No comments:
Post a Comment